Saturday, 4 August 2012

A Sunny Day In Aberdeen City Center

Today, I woke up to the first real glimmer of sunshine for what seems like a lifetime. I thought it would be a lovely opportunity to get some practise with my new camera, and to get some shots of the Granite City, which is definitely at it's most stunning in the sun. I soon realised however, that there would be a lot more to take photos of than Architecture. 

The City Centre was at it's packed, vibrant best.  Theatre Modo invaded Aberdeen with 'The Port' which presented the city's progression to an industrial hub. There was lots of colour, sound, drums, fireworks - and hundreds of excitable young people. I'm so pleased they got a sunny day for it.

I followed the parade up to Union Terrace, where the International Market had returned with all their tasty goods. I snapped pictures of some of the treats that tempted me most! 



Delicious! However, I am on a budget [and a diet!!] so bought these instead - Jacc's coffee's, Vietnamese Cinnamon and Christmas Pudding flavour; and Jacc's Christmas Pudding Hot Chocolate. I swear I'm not preparing for the festive season in August - honest! 


 I noticed Accessorize was having a 70% off sale too! I got both of these babies for about a quid! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, this looks amazing. Do Theatre Modo do that a lot? And how often is the market on? I'm going to stay in a serviced apartment in Aberdeen in a couple of weeks time and would love to see both of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! They are a company based in the North East of Scotland, but they vary which town the are working with very regularly! The international market is quite a frequent occrence, but I would go as far as to say it won't be here until the festive season! I would gladly email you?

      Delete